Introducing the Doosan PUMA 2600SY II
Meet the PUMA 2600 SYII. Built for rigidity. Built for accuracy. The Doosan PUMA 2600SYII was engineered specifically for shops that make precision parts out of tough-to-machine materials.
- Larger (81 mm) bar diameter capacity, increasing their versatility.
- They are supplied with built-in spindles (as opposed to belt-driven spindles), which generate less vibration during cutting operations and consequently, deliver improved part accuracies, process reliability, and reduced tool wear.
- Six strategically positioned heat sensors that automatically monitor and compensate for any thermal displacement occurring during machining operations. Effects of thermal displacement have been reduced by up to 70%.
- The built-in spindles are standard on the new Puma 2600SY II machines. They feature a reconfigured spindle bearing structure comprising 2x angular contact bearings and 2x taper roller bearings. The new structure improves C-axis positional accuracy and spindle run out (less than 6 micron) and the addition of taper roller bearings enable high accuracy, heavy duty machining.
- High performance NTN material (as opposed to Turcite) on its box guideway axes – resulting in improved and more responsive axes’ movement and reduced axes wear.
- Other performance improvements on the new Puma 2600SY II include an improved milling turret design that incorporates a curvic coupling piston structure that delivers up to 12% more clamping force; improved durability of the machine’s Y-axis carriageway, and a spindle air-purge function that helps prevent chip and coolant ingress.
- Finally, the machines’ improved EOP (Easy Operation Package) functionality now includes crash avoidance capability and the OPRT machine status condition display screens ensure that the new machines are amongst the most accurate and reliable 10-in chuck lathes on the market.
Jesse Clayton News